How many people love me

Monday, July 11, 2011

Somewhat of an update

 

Ok, so I know it has been over a month since I last posted something, mainly because nothing has really happened with my exchange process yet. I have a friend, going to the same country as me, whom is freaking out about every little bit but it is a little funny at times and his summer job that he has he gets asked to do some strange things, like put buttermilk on top of a salad. About this time last summer I was being “a creeper” on my fantastically awesome Latin teacher that a few friends and I went to lunch with her at Panera Bread a block from her work

So here is what I know so far about everything for next year. I will be studying as a freshman at the Kyrgyz National University’s International Language Center. I will be staying in the city of Bishkek, which is the capital and is one of the few places in to world that has refused to let McDonalds invade their foodies’ culture, so good on you Kyrgyzstan for keep the deep fried fast food out of your beautiful country. My first host family has three sons, a 20 year old Law major, a twelve year old and an eight year old I believe and the Father is the chief of police for the town and has a PhD in Law. The mother is a professor at my host school; I don’t know what she teaches though so there is the possibility that she could be one of my teachers. Finally, I am one of the 3 studens from the United States going to Kyrgyzstan, and then there are a few going to Kyrgyzstan from Brazil and Mexico.

I would include some photos of my school if I could so instead I will just attach some photos of Kyrgyzstan that I found on Google, they are some pretty sweet photos and so gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment